Prosperity Connection currently has the following job opening(s):
Financial Education Navigator
In partnership and collaboration with RUNG for Women, Prosperity Connection’s Financial Education Navigator will coordinate and execute financial education programs for women who want to achieve holistic self-sufficiency and long-term financial stability.
About Prosperity Connection and its Partnership with Rung
Prosperity Connection envisions an equitable community where everyone has the access, skills, tools, and confidence to achieve their financial aspirations. We promote economic success by providing financial education and access to reliable financial products and services. We offer financial coaching and money management education, as well as low-cost banking options for people who cannot open an account or access affordable credit.
Prosperity Connection is a partner of Rung. The Financial Education Navigator will be employed by Prosperity Connection but will work at Rung with its members and will work closely and collaboratively with Rung staff. The Financial Education Navigator will coordinate and execute financial education programs, including group financial education seminars and one-on-one financial coaching.
Rung is an innovative, start-up nonprofit with a unique approach. Rung’s members may be surviving in their day-to-day life, but they want more – they want to thrive. Rung’s mission is centered on supporting women in achieving sustained independence and holistic well-being. Members come with their unique talents, skills, hopes and dreams and, at Rung, support is provided so that these women can define their own goals and work toward achieving them. This highly individualized approach facilitates self-determination while acknowledging the greatness and power in each person who finds their way to Rung.
About the Financial Navigator Position
Prosperity Connection will create a financial education and coaching program that helps women build wealth and improve their financial self-sufficiency. The Financial Education Navigator will lead this effort, working in tandem with Rung and Prosperity Connection staff.
The focus of this job is making connections with Rung members, motivating and inspiring them to improve their financial practices and position while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. We seek candidates with:
- A “how can I help you?” attitude
- A high level of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship
- The ability to listen to women and translate their aspirations into achievable actions
- Follow up skills
- An excitement for celebrating small wins
Knowledge of financial empowerment tools and resources is important, as is a commitment to helping women increase their financial empowerment.
This position will develop and present training workshops. It will be important for the Financial Education Navigator to have, or be able to develop, relationships with subject matter experts who can provide workshops.
This position will develop systems and processes, and will evaluate activities with an eye to assessing whether the program should be modified to achieve greater impact.
Competencies & Qualifications
- Able to work collaboratively with others to create and implement a program
- Empathetic, warm, supportive, enthusiastic
- Able to inspire, motivate others and engage their commitment
- Strong commitment to results, with a sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience desired in banking, financial coaching, or other related fields
To indicate interest in the position, please:
- Complete a five-minute behavioral assessment at https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/6KH/ProspConnFEN
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other job listings:
In order to apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com.