We strive to promote economic success for everyone in the St. Louis region by providing financial education and access to reliable financial products and services.
We dream of an equitable community where everyone can conveniently access the resources and knowledge needed to confidently pursue their financial goals.
Support Our Mission
You can help make our mission and vision a reality! Donate today and expand access to our critically important services across the St. Louis region.
- Integrity: We are reliable, true to our mission, and committed to transparency and accountability.
- Equity: We cultivate relationships that overcome systemic barriers of oppression and bias.
- Respect: We relate to individuals with dignity across all social and economic identities.
- Empathy: We are dedicated to walking with everyone on their unique journey in life.
- Community: We strive to build connections and a culture of openness and belonging among our staff, neighbors, and partners.
Prosperity Connection was founded in 2009 as a direct response to community needs. It was apparent that many in the St. Louis region lacked sufficient, reliable, and safe access to vital financial resources and opportunities. Prosperity Connection offers education and coaching services in order to fill that need.
In January 2020, we launched our St. Louis Builds Credit (STLBC) program. In addition to providing our personal finance classes, credit report reviews, and public credit fairs, STLBC leads a citywide alliance of cross-sector organizations collaborating to help St. Louisans achieve a prime credit score, build savings, and achieve financial wellness.
Over the last 14 years, our organization has shifted from a focus on place-based brick-and-mortar locations to encompass virtual offerings and expanded community partnerships. The reallocation of resources has allowed staff to meet clients where they are: virtually and at partner facilities.
While we have adapted and pivoted in many ways over the years, a few things haven’t changed: our services are always free to the public, delivering high-quality service is our top priority, and we remain best-in-class when it comes to financial education!