Position Title: Financial Education Coach
Position reports to: Director of Financial Capability
Position supervised: None
The Financial Education Coach for this opportunity is responsible for coordinating and executing Prosperity Connection initiatives as related to our strategic partnership with Equifax and Tower Grove Neighborhood Community Development Corporation (CDC), as well as general financial education program activities in the City of St. Louis. The Equifax Foundation has provided significant financial resources to Prosperity Connection to facilitate this opportunity.
Primary responsibilities are to lead group financial education seminars and provide one-on-one coaching to clients of Tower Grove Neighborhood CDC, as well as, at partner nonprofits and St. Louis City Excel Centers. Additionally, the coach is responsible for monitoring and ensuring accurate data tracking of client demographics and outcomes, coordinating efforts with key strategic partners, and working cooperatively with the Prosperity Connection team. The Coach will plan and coordinate community outreach efforts as well as develop and maintain relationships with social service agencies and community partners to assess their financial education needs and implement appropriate interventions aimed at increasing the financial capability and wellbeing of the community.
This role may require working outside of the traditional workweek (early mornings, late evenings, and weekends). The employee will exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
1) Implements financial coaching program in partnership with Tower Grove Neighborhood CDC clients throughout the City of St. Louis, complies with all grant expectations, upholds data management expectations, and other duties as assigned. Works with partners at appropriate financial institutions to assist their customer base with navigating financial difficulties in an effort to help individuals create strategies that help to achieve personal financial goals (i.e. opening an account, building credit, being approved for a loan, etc.)
2) Delivers group financial education presentations and coaching services. Works cooperatively with relevant Prosperity Connection team members and volunteers to create lesson plans and curriculum on various financial education topics (budgeting, credit, identity theft, etc.).
3) Identifies, recruits, and oversees expectations for volunteer instructors at Prosperity Connection sites (community partner locations and assigned Excel Centers). Ensures volunteers meet high expectations of the organization to deliver quality content in a manner that is consistent with the needs of the community, funders, and management.
4) Responsible for ensuring timely input of client data into the Salesforce data management platform. Works cooperatively with the Director of Operations to guarantee accurate reporting of client demographics and outcomes. Also, works with development to capture partner and client testimonials for Prosperity Connection usage.
5) Assists with the facilitation and coordination of programming at the Old North and South City Excel Centers. Duties include coordinating events, coordinating with peer coaches to set the event calendar, procuring resources (material and human), adhering to facility/program budgets, and other duties as needed.
6) Understands and complies with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ensure compliance with all governing regulations especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements. Bank Secrecy Act knowledge will be determined by the employee’s position and responsibility.
Prosperity Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree are desired, but this qualification is not required.
The Financial Coach must have a thorough understanding of the offerings provided by Prosperity Connection and its partner organizations.
The candidate must be extremely professional in behavior and appearance, show initiative, willing to work a flexible schedule, and have the ability to work independently or in a team environment. In addition, the individual must also be extremely detail-oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, work well under deadline pressure, and be able to manage multiple projects at the same time. It is desired that ideal candidates have reliable transportation due to job responsibilities.
The candidate will also possess superior grammar, proofreading and editing skills, exceptional attention to detail, and must be able to master the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Each employee of Prosperity Connection is held accountable for each of the areas outlined in our “ACTION” plan listed below:
- Reliable: ready to work at scheduled times
- DWYSYWD: do what you say you will do
- Responsible: perform job duties accurately, on time and within budget; don’t pass the buck when something goes wrong
- Resourceful: run it like you own it (use resources wisely)
- Avoiding actions that warrant a write-up
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Having a strong attention to detail to avoid repeated errors and errors due to blatant negligence.
- Supportive: help your co-workers succeed
- Cooperative: work together, not in isolation (together, everyone achieves more)
- Golden Rule: treat others the way you want to be treated
- Attitude: help create a friendly and positive atmosphere wherever you are
- Having no negative internal survey reports
- Develop adequate product knowledge and skill set proficiency
- Continued self-development via online courses, meeting participation and other development
- Purpose: we are here to help members increase their standard of living and better their lifestyle
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical requirements of this job include the ability to stand/sit, walk, reach above shoulder level, data entry, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl and carry/lift up to 35 pounds. The employee must have valid driver’s license and have his or her own personal and reliable transportation.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Evette Baker at email@example.com