At Prosperity Connection, our highly trained coaches work with clients to set achievable goals, create individualized action plans, and build wealth for the future. We want you to achieve your financial dreams!
A financial coach is someone that provides a neutral voice for clients like you who are trying to set goals and build better financial habits and behaviors. You make the decisions about what financial goals you want to work on. Our coaches support your efforts to set goals and offer ideas or options for ways to achieve them. Our coaches also serve as an accountability partner to help you monitor your progress toward reaching your goals.
The fundamental characteristics of our coaching philosophy are:
- We are client-driven. You determine what your goals are and ultimately make the decisions for how you want to reach them.
- Coaching is not a one-size-fits-all approach. There is not one best answer for how to reach your goals. It depends on where you’re at and what will work best for you. Our coaches tailor their approaches and coaching relationships with each client based on your needs and situation.
- We don’t tell you what you should do. We explain what your potential options are and you choose how to move forward.
- We don’t do the work for you. Our aim is for you to be equipped with all the knowledge, tools, behaviors, and skills that will help you sustain yourself and successfully reach your goals over your lifetime.
- We keep you accountable. We make sure you are making progress toward reaching your goals by helping you set up bite-sized steps and checking in along the way.
- We are supportive and non-judgmental. We understand that everyone has different cultural influences, backgrounds, family issues, gender differences, values, and personalities that affect the way we see things and the goals we set.
To see some of the success our clients have had, check out our blog.
In your first session, your coach will ask you many questions to really get to know your situation, values, goals, behaviors, and any challenges you may have developing new habits and changing behaviors. Your initial conversation with your coach may also help you think more deeply about yourself and areas of your life you may not have considered before. If you haven’t actively taken the time think about what your values or goals are, they can help guide you to more clarity.
In subsequent sessions, your coach will help you create goals and action steps to achieve those goals. They will present options for you to take in your next steps and discuss the various benefits and consequences. You’ll have homework after every session, steps for you to complete before the next session. Your coach will keep you accountable at each session to ensure you are making progress toward your goals.
We place a special emphasis on tracking client outcomes. By monitoring key metrics such as credit score, debt load, asset attainment, and more, we are able to tailor client interventions for each individual to ensure the best opportunity for success.
After years of experience working with clients at various stages, we have found that clients get the most from financial coaching in certain situations. If you think you are ready for coaching, check out the lists below to see which column describes you best.
Not Ready for Coaching Yet
- You are seeking a “quick fix” – credit and spending behavior isn’t changed overnight!
- You are seeking basic needs
(i.e. emergency shelter, food, income)
- You are facing immediate eviction or foreclosure
- You need legal advice (i.e. bankruptcy)
Ready for Coaching
- You want to establish or rebuild credit
- You want to purchase a home or car
- You need help creating a spending plan and managing money
- You are or think you have been a victim of identity theft
- You are ready to put in the work
Ready for Coaching?
Register today! Complete the registration form for individualized financial coaching.
That’s ok! We want you to focus on your basic needs first so you have safety and security to support you before beginning your financial coaching journey. If you’d like some resources to help you build a strong foundation, check out some stability resources below. In the meantime, you can also attend our financial education classes to start building your knowledge today.
Financial coaching services provided solely on an advisory basis and provided with the understanding that Prosperity Connection is not engaged in rendering legal, tax, financial, counseling or other professional services or advice.